What to bring to hospital
- Camera – This is usually your Mobile Phone (don’t forget your charger)
- Comfortable clothing and slip on footwear
- Laptop if desired – WIFI available
- Snacks – meals will be provided
- Lip balm
- Water bottle
- Sleep wear – Loose and comfortable (breastfeeding friendly if required)
- Dark full brief underwear (or Disposable Underwear)
- Toiletries – Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Maternity Pads or Maternity Nappies for adults
- Nipple Cream (Lansinoh or similar)
- Breast Pads if planning to breastfeed
- Maternity Bras
- Leggings or Tracksuit pants for daytime wear
- Button down or loose t-shirts and tops
- Appropriate Sleepwear and clothing (daytime and overnight )
- 5-6 Newborn Jumpsuits – Size 0000 and 000
- 5-6 Singlets
- 5-6 Cotton or Muslin baby wraps
- Nappies and Baby wipes (1 pack provided by hospital)
It is a good idea to have a separate bag for Birth Suite. This should have a set of baby clothes, your snacks and water bottle. The rest of your belongings can be collected from the car once you are admitted and have a room allocated to you.
If you are planning on bottle feeding, please bring your formula of choice. We will provide formula for use whilst here, including bottles and teats.
NB. It is not appropriate for support persons to wear only undergarments overnight – staff will be in and out of rooms day and night.