Why Waverley Maternity
Waverley Private Hospital has been helping new parents to bring their babies into the world for over 50 years.
Our highly skilled specialists and midwives are proud to provide quality care in a safe and supportive environment. A stay in our private maternity suites ensures a comfortable and relaxing experience the whole family will enjoy.
It’s the little luxuries that matter
When you choose Waverley Private Hospital, you’re opting for maternity care your way. Here’s how:
- Feel at home in our boutique maternity ward, tastefully designed with your comfort and recovery in mind
- Rest and recover with our support for up to 4 or 5 nights
- Choose your own Obstetrician who will provide you with important personalised & ongoing care
- Enjoy delicious high-quality gourmet meals from our a’la carte menu & indulgent afternoon cake trolley
- Partners are welcome stay overnight with you at no additional cost
- Feel supported by our experienced, friendly and attentive midwives who will attend to all your needs throughout childbirth, immediately after birth and during your stay with us.
- Prepare for life at home with on-site feeding support & postnatal physiotherapy
- Prepare for birth and early parenting with our comprehensive program of education classes
- Choose a self-funded maternity care package if you don’t have Medicare or private health insurance
- Navigate the process seamlessly with personal maternity booking support from our Maternity Liaison Officer
- Communicate and learn in your preferred language with our multi-lingual specialists and midwives, education classes & resources
- If you’re experiencing difficulties with your baby or with adjustment to parenting after returning home, you can access our Early Parenting Centre program for specialised support.
Your Maternity Facilities
The maternity facilities at Waverley Private Hospital have been designed for your family’s safety and comfort.
- Luxurious private accommodation inclusive of Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, Foxtel, seating, large windows & more.
- Spacious birth suites equipped with a range of therapeutic comfort tools
- Level 2 Special Care Nursery where we care for babies who arrive early (from 32 weeks)
- Foetal Monitoring Service for heart rate and uterine contraction monitoring and Cardiotocograph (CTG) clinic for mothers and babies who require specialised monitoring
- Easy hospital access and ample parking
Learn more about the maternity facilities at Waverley Private Hospital.
As a Waverley Private Hospital maternity patient, you can choose from one of our highly experienced Obstetricians. Your specialist will provide you with important personalised obstetric care and guidance throughout your whole pregnancy journey. Find an Obstetrician.
Every family is special to us. Our dedicated maternity staff work in partnership with you and in collaboration with your private obstetrician to support you during the most incredible milestone in your life. We work together to ensure the safe delivery of your baby, whilst remaining respectful of your physical and emotional needs.
Our model of personalised maternity care allows you to develop a special partnership with our midwives who will coordinate your care to provide the finest birthing and parenting experience possible.
From early pregnancy, our caring staff are available to answer any questions you may have about the admission and care you will receive at Waverley Private Hospital Maternity Unit, to ensure your needs are met.
Our in-house childbirth educators and midwives conduct a comprehensive antenatal program for expectant mothers and their support partners, providing valuable guidance relating to labour, childbirth, breastfeeding and early parenting issues.
Whilst in labour you will receive individualised care from a highly skilled midwife dedicated to attending to all your needs during labour, childbirth and immediately after the birth of your baby.
Our team of midwives include lactation specialists, neonatal nurses and maternity staff with specialised parent craft skills. We provide you with around the clock postnatal support and education whilst you develop the parenting skills and confidence required to care for your new baby.
Throughout your pregnancy, admission and upon your return home with your new baby, you have the peace of mind knowing our midwives are only a phone call away to provide advice. We are also available to provide guidance and links to community resources relating to early feeding issues, maternal and newborn care through our 24 hour Telephone Maternity Support Line.
Throughout your pregnancy, Maternity Liaison Officer Sisly Wang will be your point of contact with general information to support you and your family on your journey into parenthood. She can assist you with any questions you may have about your hospital stay with us and in addition can provide you with information about our Maternity Tours, Childbirth and Parenting programs and other support services that we can offer you.
She is also multilingual and able to speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese.
Please feel free to contact Sisly on 0428 400 277, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or via email firstname.lastname@example.org