Waverley Private Hospital would like to introduce Mr Kostas Syrrakos as a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon and Endoscopist.
Mr Syrrakos is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He undertook his surgical training at the Alfred Hospital and Eastern Health, as well as extensive post fellowship training in London, Athens and Paris, where he undertook advanced laparoscopic and endoscopic training.
Mr Syrrakos is committed to ongoing advancement of his technical skills by annual attendance at surgical training centres of excellence around the world, and is a member of numerous international surgical associations from which he receives updates of advanced and cutting-edge surgical techniques and management modalities.
- Advanced laparoscopic hernia repair
- Advanced laparoscopic management of gallbladder and biliary disease
- Laparoscopic, endoscopic and minimally invasive small and large bowel disease management, including advanced management of perianal conditions and minimally invasive management of haemorrhoids (expert in the HAL-RAR technique)
- Surgical management of skin lesions/ cancers, melanomas, and other conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Dupuytren’s contracture
- Medical, endoscopic and laparoscopic management for weight loss.
Mr Syrrakos is committed to providing surgical care of the highest standard to all his patients. Excellence in quality of patient care and outcomes is achieved by:
- use of minimally invasive and cutting-edge surgical techniques
- ensuring that surgical care is personalised and carefully tailored to individual patient needs
- use of an evidence based surgical approach to ensure excellent patient outcomes
Working in a modern, professional and supportive environment such as Waverley Private Hospital further guarantees successful outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Mr Syrrakos is a member of the following Professional Associations:
- FRACS - Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- GSA - General Surgeons Australia
- GESA - Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- OSSANZ - Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Surgical Directors Section- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- HMSA – Hellenic Medical Society of Australia- Director of Community Liaison
Chair of Surgical Services Committee at Bass Coast Health
Surgical Chair for Morbidity and Mortality Committee at Bass Coast Health.